1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allen Iverson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by stevenash, Dec 14, 2006.

?

What team will he go to next??

1. Pacers

25.0%
  2. Celtics

25.0%
  3. Timberwolves

25.0%
  4. stay where he is

25.0%
  1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think Riley's blowing some smoke here. How exactly would it work? Wade as a PG or SF? I don't see it. I know they want to get rid of some contracts, but this?

If it happened, they could score a lot of points. There would also be a lot of mismatches defensively.

2. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

I heard the Knicks are looking for another (ball hog) point guard/shooting guard to go along with Steve Francis and S. Marbury. The could offer up Eddie Curry and Renaldo Balkman.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Who d'you hear it from, Grady Sizemore?

There's no way in hell even Isiah does that. Only way it happens is if Starbury and his contract go the other way, and you know that's not what Philly wants from this. They want expiring contracts and youth.

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Well, I guess it depends who they would have to give up. I'm sure Dorell Wright would be in there.

5. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I haven't followed this. Being a Bulls fan, however, I've sort of been praying they'll be thrown into the rumor mill. I don't know how likely that is, but I would welcome AI in Chicago.

6. indiansnetwork

Clearly you missed the sarcasm.

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

If I was a Chicago fan, I wouldn't want to give up anyone at this moment. They have a GREAT core of young guys.

8. indiansnetwork

AI would not do anything to help the Bulls. In fact his trade to Chicago would most likely make them worse.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

nuggets

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

When you offer up stupid arguments on other threads, you should understand when people don't get when you're trying to be sarcastic.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Iverseon doesn't make many teams better, he can shoot 3 times a possession and score, but can't play well with others, is mentally unable to accept coaching or criticism, and at 31 years old is too old to get emotionally and intellectualy mature.
    Trade him to the Globetrotters

12. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Actually, I have followed the Bulls from afar for the past two years. After posting, I checked the stats and realized that their strength is due, in part, to a balanced attack. I think you're on the money. He's a great player, but his addition doesn't outweigh the drawbacks.

Draft saved Draft deleted