1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allen Iverson in search of The Answer....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zagoshe, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Quite the heavy-handed and rushed-to-judgment little turn of phrase there, no?

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yep.

The CBAs in the NFL, NBA and in MLB all come up within the next two seasons, and in all three leagues, the owners are going to absolutely bust the player unions. Bust 'em in half.

3. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

I'm currently working on a proposal for a reality show. I call it "Train Wreck: The Ben Roethlisberger and Allen Iverson Show."

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

Bubba Chuck once said I can do what you do for a living, can you do what I do? Right now, that answer is yes.
    I'm sorry that his marriage failed. I hope he comes out of it with enough to live comfortably.
    I said it before and I'll say it again, if you are a professional athlete there is no reason to get married. Wait until your career is over.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I agree there.

6. Yes, better they should be born with it like the majority of the owners.

7. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Which is why most of these leagues cannot do a lockout for an extended period of time.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

schadenfreude and I don't even feel guilty about it

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The leagues can handle it fine. The players will be up shit creek.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

How would the league not be able to handle it?

12. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

NHL CBA will be interesting with the Sun Belt teams struggling. But the Bettman can't use that as a bargaining chip, or his premise that those teams are fine falls apart.

Draft saved Draft deleted