1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All you need to know about Carlos Mencia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chuck~Taylor, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

http://break.com/index/carlos_mencia_stealing_jokes_from_cosby.html

I guess Joe Rogan and George Lopez were right.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Wow, this was a major DB from a thread that went on for a while.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And 'twas concluded then, as shall be now, that he sucks donkey taint, whether he steals material or not. (Which all comics do, in the grand scheme of things)

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

my bad.

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I honestly have a hard time coming up with one joke of his I've ever found funny. True, I decided he sucked very early in his career and have never given him much of a chance, but I can't think of one joke.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I never saw that Cosby/Mencia the first time around these parts. Yeah, that's bad.

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

How is this different than a singer covering a song?

8. The singer has to give credit?

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Because a singer pays royalties to the songwriter. It's part of any recording contract. It's why there are separate Grammy awards to recognize the songwriter and performer of the song(s) judged to be the best.

10. Wonderlic

Wonderlic Member

Carlos Mencia is a racist fucking piece of shit. :mad:

He's not funny. If anybody else said "wetback" half as much as he does you'd think they were fucking retarded ... and just because he's Mexican doesn't make it OK, either. It's not fucking funny. Furthermore, the Bud Light commercial that serves to spread his goofy brand of racism is a crime to humanity. The sorry bastards in the Budweiser marketing department who green-lighted that to hock their piss water should be ashamed of themselves. And I'm pretty sure the world would be a better place if he'd just crawl back under whatever the fuck rock he slithered out from.

Dirtbag.

11. More evidence that Mencia steals jokes, sure.
    But more importantly, watch the clip and see how truly not funny Mencia is. He takes what is a pretty good joke and just sucks the life out of it.
    Cosby=funny and original.
    Mencial=not funny and a thief.
    I also have yet to hear him tell a joke I thought was funny, which is really sad for a guy who's just stealing from other people. He can't even do that right.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Of course, he isn't even Mexican either. So there goes that excuse.

Draft saved Draft deleted