1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All white jury to hear O.J. Simpson trial

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

I can't speak for OJ but his lawyer is clearly saying that.

2. Enjoy Carson City, Juice ...

3. markvid

markvid Guest

The people who get screwed if OJ goes to jail are the Goldmans..how will OJ pay them the settlement.....oh, wait...

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

And the jury has reached a verdict. Supposed to be read at any time.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3624079

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I have a theory about how this case came about:

It was a plan hatched over 2 or 3 years by people who wanted O.J. to pay for Nicole and Ron and to serve jail time for killing them. So they procure a bunch of his favorite mementos and hatch this scheme in which O.J., being a stupid man by nature, would go berserk, irate, become irrational and go after any "thugs" who had his collection of goodies and planned to sell them. The schemers banked on O.J. coming after them with a gun. They knew his arrest on gun charges, among other things, would get him sent to the clink.

And an all-white jury deciding such fate? Too perfect.

I will be shocked if he is anything but guilty. I think said guilty verdict will put him behind bars for a long time.

And sweet vindication for Ron Goldman and Nicole Simpson will be had by many.

6. imjustagirl

You know, Xan, any time I think your ramblings can't become any creepier, more incoherent or basically less human...you always find a way to top yourself.

Congratulations.

7. Songbird

Relax. I'm tired and probably didn't type it coherently, but the premise holds the same.

8. imjustagirl

you really think people, pissed off he didn't go to jail, spent two to three years "plotting" to have him come at them? Really? A man they already think murdered two people...they would enrage him to a point of bringing a gun to a secret meeting?

How in the WORLD does that even make sense, regardless of the damage you've done to your brain?

EDIT: fixed for two transposed words.

9. Songbird

This is a world full of connivers who will stop at nothing to see certain things come to fruition (read: Rove).

Unlock the knees of your mind, IJAG. Sometimes people just like to imagine what's possible, no matter how zany it may read on paper, or SportsJournalists.com. Just because I think this could've been a scheme doesn't mean I'm some sort of evil, less-than-human person. Just mental frivolity. The world won't end because I like to imagine the inner workings of schemers.

10. imjustagirl

Never said the world would end. One can say someone else is full of shit without it being any sort of "excitement."

11. Songbird

Listen, your PM insults go way beyond this post.

Full of shit? Yep, I'm full of shit galore. I can handle you saying I'm full of shit.

It's the PM that baffles me.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Then keep it to PMs. What she says on PM should stay there, and as long as you've been on this site, you should know that.

Draft saved Draft deleted