1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All white jury to hear O.J. Simpson trial

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

An all-white jury will judge O.J. Simpson and a co-defendant on kidnapping and robbery charges.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080912/ap_on_re_us/oj_simpson

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

OJ Simpson didn't have pigment until Johnny Cochran told us about it. He transcended color.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

I won't go that far but I think it's pretty good bet that the Juice is going to serve some time on this one.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Jury nullification may take on a whole new meaning.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

That was Gil Garcetti's major blunder to charge OJ downtown instead of in Brentwood, where he chose to live.

6. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

They couldn't get him the first time, so they're making damn sure they get his ass this time.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

From what I understand, he could get some very serious time on this one. That right?

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I don't think there's any doubt about this. Definitely the sense I get, too.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Sounds like it.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This case won't end well. The composition of the jury pretty much ensures divisive rhetoric will be in vogue across several media platforms, as they say, if there's a conviction.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Actually the thread title is not true. There are 10 whites and two Hispanics among the jury, and two blacks among the six alternates.

Now if you wanted to say "No blacks seated on main jury," then that would be accurate.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

So you're saying he wouldn't if it was a mixed color jury?

Draft saved Draft deleted