1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Time Movie Lineup

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MertWindu, May 22, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think the premise was to eliminate real-life players, whether played by themselves in movie appearances. Otherwise you could throw in Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Whitey Ford, Randy Johnson, Ken Griffey, Jr., Barry Bonds and quite a few others, just off the top of my head.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, you could strike a good balance of ability and trash talking with Jake Taylor.

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Remember Cantrell's rule: Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

If you want the movie to bomb, go with Leonard Huff from Major League: Back to the Minors (worst movie ever made) as the manager. Whenever Ted McGinley used to join the cast of a long-running TV show, it signaled the end of the show (Happy Days, Love Boat, Dynasty, even Married with Children, although it held on a bit after he was a replacement character...).

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez could play a mean center, place the ball anywhere he needs to when at the plate, and would obviously hit leadoff.

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I will also nominate "Hercules" aka. "Beast" for an outfield position, though he can be a little slow on the chase.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Lou Brown is our skipper, as long as we can call him back later.

He's got a guy on the other line about a set of whitewalls.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Great idea for a post - I gotta give some love to Geena Davis in a League of her Own for the split-legged catch alone. Props to creole for Cecil "Stud" Cantrell at pitcher. Gotta have Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn out of the bully.
    And for the Umpire - we gotta have Leslie Nielsen from Naked Gun.

9. occasionally

occasionally Member

And, doing double duty, Enrico Pallazzo can also sing the Star-Spangled Banner.

"A bunch of bombs in the air..."

10. JNEWFIFTY

JNEWFIFTY Member

Lou Brown is most definitely the skipper.

Kamikaze Tanaka as the centerfielder...Hamilton "The Babe" Porter as the third string catcher behind Taylor and Parkman...Clew Heywood gets the nod at first (he won the Triple Crown for Christ's sake)...Chet Steadman for the setup man anyone?

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think we're still short a lefty on the bump, a DH and a second and third baseman.

12. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

If you have Chapel on the mound, you <i>have</i> to have Gus Sinski catching him. Chapel won't have anyone but Sinski behind the plate.

Draft saved Draft deleted