1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Time Movie Lineup

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MertWindu, May 22, 2007.

1. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Had this thought while watching Major League, figured it might be fun. What's the all-star lineup for players in baseball movies? And no, Eight Men Out, Field of Dreams, etc. are not available. I'll give you A League of Their Own, if you so choose.

Starting at Catcher, I'm going with Jake Taylor. Crash Davis was a great minor league player, but only spent a September in the show.

Alright, let's see whatcha got.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Shortstop: Tanner Boyle

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Centerfield: Willie Mays Hayes.

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Well, Roy Hobbs you could put in right.

What about Thomas Ian Nicholas from Rookie of the Year. He was awesome until hs arm was fixed.

Kelly Leak in left.

5. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I think I'd put Pedro Cerrano in left over Leak, assuming Hobbs would want to stay in right.

6. Henry Rowengartner is my starter pitcher. Billy Heywood is running the show and Lou Collins is at 1B.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

8. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

No love for Nuke LaLoosh?

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What about Clue Heywood at first base? Collins was a nice player, but not a triple crown winner. And did he spell it "Clue?" That's what IMDB has, but I don't think that's right.

Pitcher: Billy Chapel. He's near the end of the line, but he can still reach back and give you one great performance.

If not, I say Nuke LaLoosh. Sooner or later, the million-dollar arm will overcome the 10-cent head.

10. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

OH, and at first base, Clew Heywood won the friggin' triple crown. No way does Danny Concannon make it over him.

11. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Damn you, outofplace. That was friggin' remarkable.

12. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Oh, and Pop Fisher is our manager. No question.

Draft saved Draft deleted