1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"All the President's Men Revisited" airs Sunday night on Discovery

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Woodward, Bernstein, Redford, Hoffman all heavily involved:

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/all-the-presidents-men-revisited

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/tv/documentary-revisits-all-the-presidents-men-and-watergate-itself/2013/04/20/103f0e08-a9cb-11e2-9e1c-bb0fb0c2edd9_story.html

There's so much good TV on Sunday night that I'll probably tape it and watch it later, but I'm excited to see this.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Meant to put this in Journalism Topics. My bad.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

looking forward to it. this story and flick certainly increased my fascination with journalism and politics (i was 15 in '72)... the film remains one of my all-time faves.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reminder.

5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

My wife's gonna be super pumped to watch this tonight.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

DVR set. Thanks for the heads-up.

7. I'm a streamer. (But I'm not the only one.) Does Discovery's stuff go up online anywhere eventually?

8. the fop

the fop Member

It's really, really good, and I've read the book several times and seen the movie countless times. Lots of great stuff.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

We've got the DVR set but we're gonna watch Mad Men

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just got done watching it. Wasn't too impressed. Seemed more of a rehash than anything else. Found the segment of how Watergate would be covered today to be interesting with Twitter and cable news. The selection of "experts" including Maddow, Scarborough and Jon Stewart was curious, at best.

11. AtticusFinch

AtticusFinch Member

Enjoyed it, though almost vomited when Ben Stein whined about how Nixon was unfairly prosecuted.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Ben Stein didn't merely whine; he cried. It was pathetic. He seems convinced the tragedy is the way Nixon was portrayed rather than the damage he did to the country.

Draft saved Draft deleted