1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Star omissions

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mark DeCotis, Jul 16, 2008.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

As I posted on the other thread, perhaps some of them chose to be making an appearance at the HOF inductions in two weeks rather than this one. I really don't know for sure -- but having spoken to several of them in the past and having read/heard interviews with them before, Induction Weekend is a trip that most of them gear up for.

Scheduling concerns, prior commitments, the two occasions being so close together, etc. All of these factors could have led to some HOFers not showing up at Yankee Stadium last night. Not that MLB can't foot the bill, but I imagine not all of these old-timers can readily afford to fly to New York twice in one month. So maybe they chose one over the other.

I was not disappointed that so many "weren't there," because I didn't expect a majority of the living HOFers to be there in the first place. That's what Cooperstown is for at the end of the month.

Fox, I think, might have led some to believe otherwise.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Morgan has no real excuse since he was at the stadium Monday night.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Joe Morgan is a world-class jagoff.
    Can't put feelings away for one night, instead be petty and think this is all about you.
    Wake up, ESPN.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Joe Morgan is a world-class jagoff.
    That's why ESPN loves him.

Draft saved Draft deleted