1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Star game vote totals?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HejiraHenry, Jul 1, 2006.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm just looking in all the wrong places, but where can I find vote totals for the 2006 all-star game?

2. HejiraHenry

Well, I did find an update from a few days ago at sports,yahoo.com ...

3. markvid

markvid Guest

It's only updated once a week.

Also, register yourself for mlbpressbox.com

4. HejiraHenry

fine suggestion. thanks.

5. My understanding is the final results are held back by MLB because ESPN pays for a special All-Star selection show. You'll probably find out with the rest of us on Sunday night.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I hear the Red Sox and Yankees might have some players named to the team.

7. HejiraHenry

Yes, well, my request had to do with prepping a package based on the fact the show was going to be on. I got the sense maybe they pulled the updates back behind the curtain in advance of that.

8. The_Plan

The_Plan Member

I can say with almost 100% certainty that David Wright has surpassed Scott Rolen for NL 3B by a sizeable margin.

ohhh, wow ... heard it here first.

strangle me, please.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

I believe the left side of the infields for both leagues will be coming from New York, New York.

10. The_Plan

The_Plan Member

It really is a travesty ... all of the Boston/New York love. I understand that the fans control who plays and who doesn't ... but you almost gotta compare this to Electoral Votes in Presidential elections.

The bigger markets/cities have more control.

Cities like Pittsburgh and Minnesota are having a difficult time getting theri deserving players in the starting lineup (Joe Mauer and Jason Bay) ... though both have made significant headway over the last few weeks.

11. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

everything should be released tomorrow (sunday) at 3:30 p.m. eastern (or so i'm told), but with an embargo until 8 p.m.

not sure if this is just at the ballpark or whatnot, but i think so

Draft saved Draft deleted