1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Star Game running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hank_Scorpio, Jul 11, 2006.

1. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

You have a lengthier attention span and a better allegiance than I do, Rosie. I guess some day we'll have to fight it out for Joe Mauer. :D

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I would tough it out, but the weather has made the choice for me.

Au revoir, All-Star Game. Catch you if the satellite signal ever comes back ...

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Hey, I've had three Tigers already make an appearance, so I can go play some video game All-Star baseball now.

4. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

The problem with Penny is, he usually doesn't last much longer in a regular season game than he did tonight. Along about the 5th inning his back hurts or his hammy tightens up or whatever, and it's see ya later.

And David Wright is a f--in' stud.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Mauer is way too young for me. Or I'm too old, either way, I'll let you have your chance. :)

And Hank, didn't I ground you already? That includes video games!! ;)

6. Hank_Scorpio

Dad ungrounded me.

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Dad CAN NOT unground you!

No video games for a week now!

But you can watch the game. You have to suffer along with the rest of us! ;)

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Is it possible Ozzie is like Lee from East of Eden? You know, at one point the father called Lee out because he had a feeling Lee knew how to speak perfect English after being in the country for so long. So Lee finally fessed up. I'm getting the same feeling about Ozzie. I think he talks that pidgeon English with a heavy Spanish accent but knows exactly of what he speaks.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Dad said as long as I let him win that I can play video games.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Gotta play Journey first. Steve Perry singing and shooting down bad guys with his microphone ... it's golden, Jerry!

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

As God is my witness I never thought I'd hear a Wiggles reference on the fucking All Star Game.

12. Overrated

Overrated Guest

No question. How long has he been in the league? 20 years? He's obviously intelligent, but he still talks like he's in the lockerroom and plays dumb.

Draft saved Draft deleted