1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Star Game Fan Vote Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MankyJimy, Jun 5, 2012.

1. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2012/06/yankees_derek_jeter_leads_al_s.html

Josh Hamilton leads the AL in votes, so far. Jeter is 2nd. If the vote ended today, Jetes, Cano and Grandy would be in the starting lineup.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Cano's pissed he doesn't have a cheeseball nickname, too.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Yet more evidence that the vote should be taken away from the fans. The fact that they can't vote Jetey No. 1 is ridiculous.

4. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

I don't have a problem with Hamilton being #1. He's a great player, and I look forward to seeing him in pin stripes next year.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I don't think the Cubs will sign him.

6. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

No, the Yankees.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Man, that's all the Yankees do. Just go and buy all the talent. Albert Pujols, CJ Wilson, Cliff Lee.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I can't hate the Yankees. Just can't. After what they did at Virginia Tech, with Jeter as one of the ringleaders, the way my kids reacted to that, just can't.

But holy jeebus cripes some days it is very very very hard to stick to that.

They're here next weekend and then I'm there. Between Manky's crap and seeing them live four times in six days, I may change my tune.

Draft saved Draft deleted