1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All purpose soccer-bashing thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Jun 13, 2006.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I went ahead and set this up for you guys.

For the next month, this is your stop to ridicule and denounce.

My only request is that you don't litter any other soccer threads to tell us that you don't like the sport. We get it.

Have at it.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I like the sport just fine. What I don't like is people telling me that I should like it.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

But if you like it, why are people telling you to like it?

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

because some (and far from all) soccer fans are thinskinned and feel compelled to push the sport on those who dont want to be bothered with it, much lik a 7-year-pold saying "Look at me!! Look at mee, look at meee!!!!"\
    And yeah, I have watched soccer every day so far. Admittedly, not a lot, but I;ve watched...

Dont tell me I'm an asshole because I dont care about soccer and the rest of the world has it right. i'm an asshole for far more reasons than that, but not that.

5. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Slappy, NO ONE ;D could agree more than I with that statement. ;D

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Great idea soccer haters, I won't tell you why you should love soccer (or hockey for that matter) as long as you don't try to convince I should like baseball. That way we're all happy.

7. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Actually, you should hate it.

Bunch of Commie fags running around not using their hands like cripples.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

I hear they beat seals, too. :D

9. LemMan

LemMan Member

I like soccer. What I don't like is people who couldn't care less about the sport all of a sudden crowding around a television every four years, watching the World Cup as if their life depended on each corner kick. I'm not saying it's anyone on this board. It's just there are some people who watch the World Cup because it's the IN thing. All the while, these people don't know the definition of stoppage time nor the purpose of pool play.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Lemmy,

This is a soccer-bashing thread. Your views are not wanted here. Go check on the spelling of some prep names.  ;D

11. LemMan

LemMan Member

pallister, you're just jealous because Taidy watches the World Cup from my cubicle, not yours

;D

12. LemMan

LemMan Member

zeke, I'm not saying you need to know all the rules. I'm just sick of people telling me how much they love soccer when the World Cup is on TV and plastered all over magazines. And then, when the damn thing finally finishes, these people won't watch another soccer match until ANOTHER World Cup.

Draft saved Draft deleted