1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Tim Tebow sucks/is a deity thread!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Dec 11, 2011.

1. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Yeah, you get gassed when you are forcing 3-and-outs all day. Denver had seven 3-and-outs yesterday. Chicago's defense must have been gassed from having to run off the field so quickly, so often, after forcing punts.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

And then running back on when Chicago's offense did the same. It was like doing a suicide sprints.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The Bears led 10-0 and the Broncos were out of timeouts when Denver got the ball back with 4:34 to play. The Bears changed their defensive scheme, allow a lot more dink and dunk to keep the clock running. All but one of the seven passes went for 10 yards or fewer because the Bears were letting the Broncos have the small stuff they weren't allowing earlier.

Clearly, if Barber stays in bounds, the Broncos have maybe 15, 20 seconds to try to get into field goal range, not the minute-plus they were left. Plus, Prater had to make a 59-yarder.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Tim Tebow in the first three quarters of any game.

[​IMG]

Tim Tebow as the fourth quarter gets underway.

[​IMG]

Last two minutes of regulation - the transformation is complete.

[​IMG]

This former investigative reporter turned Broncos beat writer, meanwhile, is wondering where he's seen all this before.....

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Rationally, I know you are right. The Broncos have had a lot of luck go their way during this winning streak.

But we aren't a rational species. When I see a guy flip a coin and call it correctly six times in a row, even the most educated among us still, deep down, have a little voice that says "Man, he's really good at flipping coins."

6. Mr. Sluggo

Mr. Sluggo Active Member

Tebow is actually Bahamut, the Platinum Dragon parading on earth in human form. When not perfoming miracles, he comfortably resides in his palace located beyond the east wind.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Here's part of the luck -- being fortunate enough to face teams quarterbacked by the likes of Matt Moore, Tyler Palko, Caleb Hanie, Carson Palmer fresh off the sofa, and Mark Sanchez (lord among those scrubs). Some of those teams are also missing their featured backs.

8. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

I didn't know Bahamut was a fundamentalist Christian.

I didn't know he was better than Ray Lewis at forcing 3-and-outs.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Now that I'm over the Bears loss (they just would have, at best, been boat-raced by the Saints in the NFC semis anyway), I'm fully back aboard Tebow's Ark.

I think the matchup of the Broncos D against Brady and the Patriots would be great by itself. Throw in Tebow on top of that and, well, Jim Nantz better call a doctor about that week-long stiffy.

And that Incredible Hulk stuff was top-notch, Double J.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If the season ended today, Pittsburgh would be traveling to Denver to open the playoffs. If the Broncos win that, they could potentially (depending on the tiebreaker) travel to face an extremely beatable Houston in the second round.

11. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Unlikely that New England and Baltimore/Pittsburgh aren't 1 and 2. In that scenario, Broncos would play whichever of them was the No. 1 seed, unless the No. 6 seed (Jets right now) beat Houston. Then Broncos go to whatever the No. 2 team is.

12. printdust

printdust New Member

God doesn't give a care about who wins in the playoffs. But he's always willing to give someone a stage to honor him.

Draft saved Draft deleted