1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Tim Tebow sucks/is a deity thread!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Dec 11, 2011.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Of course, it's never that simple. There are guys toiling in Class A right now who could probably produce in AA. But the parent club might believe they have a limited ceiling. The organization might be crowded with prospects at that position.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I've never been in the camp that Tebow "deserves" another shot in the NFL. He's been with four teams and washed out. But as long as the Orioles keep writing Chris Davis in the lineup (.157/.230/.280 in 268 ABs at this writing, fifth on the team). he deserves a call-up.

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I've never understood the disdain for Tebow around this whole minor league thing.

If you have a problem with it, your problem is with the Mets, not Tebow. The Mets are giving him a spot that might go to a better player. The Mets are the ones cashing in on his name. Tebow is simply taking advantage of an opportunity that ALL OF US would. If the Braves finally respond to the little league videos I've been sending them and decide they want to pay me to play in the minors, you bet your ass I'm doing it. I couldn't care less if I "deserve" it.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Every time I get any Orioles news lately, I keep thinking of Jane Fonda’s “They Shoot Horses, Don’t They?”

And I HATE being reminded of traitor Jane Fonda.

Damn Orioles!

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Ruh-roh!

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This will allow a much more deserving player to make the big leagues.

tapintoamerica and YankeeFan like this.
  7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Tebow is the new Pipp.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And so do hundreds of others.
    But your point on Davis is a good one. Almost impossible to be that bad for that long. I do wonder if they'd have jettisoned him by now if his deal expired in 2019. Chris Davis is the tenured professor who hasn't been published in years and who is showing signs of mental decline.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

The Orioles need to call whoever got rid of Hoffa.

Draft saved Draft deleted