1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Re: All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactice thread)

You guys are all studio nerds. :D

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You know if the snorkling trip includes pink frou-frou drinks, 2mcm might be the winner.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I'm sure the hotel can find you something. ;D

4. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

We discussed Whedon earlier in this thread, so ...

From imdb

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

This reminder of how outlandish X-Men comics became after Chris Claremont left the book is brought to you by sportschick.

Who continues to cement her credentials as Greatest SportsJournalists.com female.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sadly, it got even wierder than that..which I'm not even going to try to explain.

7. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

For the record, Cable rocked. I started losing interest in the X-Men after X-Man was introduced.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I gave it a year after Claremont left. Got two thirds of the way through XCutioners Song. Was bored stiff. Really got bitter when they brought back Colossus' dead brother, then just killed him again. And Magneto died in X-Men No. 3, Claremont's last issue.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Mike's done some good writing. Check out some of his bad movie books. He was lampooning Road House and Footloose well before it became chic.

Do I need to pay my geek contribution to the ferryman here? If so, I used to have part of the Enterprise's serial number as part of a pin number.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, come on... Magneto never stays dead. Jean Grey will probably be back again, too. I got pissed when they brought back Colossus (hello Piotr). I liked the way they took him out -- a nice combination of selfless heroism and self-destructive behavior.

And of course, Claremont had to bring his girl back (get that reference and you really may be as sick as I am).

Speaking of that, some of y'all should check out the parodies on newgrounds.com. The gag gets old fairly soon, but it's funny for a little while.

And I liked X-Man...until they started completely redefining the character every 2nd or 3rd issue....

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I was always a DC guy, so I never really got into the X-Men or any of the Marvel characters.
    I blame the Super Friends of my early youth for that.
    On a somewhat related Whedon note, I saw online where the Smallville guys were discussing the characters they were introducing, and how they wanted to bring in the bigger names - Batman, Wonder Woman - but couldn't since those titles were tied up with movie deals. So that's why you are seeing Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Cyborg and the rest.
    Personally, I'd like to see Abin Sur make an appearance on Smallville, that would be mighty interesting and bonerific for those who think the oath would make for some good TV.

12. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I'm still pissed I missed that Justce League version of Smallville. Stupid TiVo is acting up.

Draft saved Draft deleted