1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

High ground!
    Seriously, though, Anakin's pride was his downfall. Obi-Wan fought him to a stalemate, more or less, and Anakin thought he could best him from a very disadvantageous position. Obi-Wan might not have been as good or powerful as Anakin, but Anakin negated those advantages with a boneheaded move. He thought he could get away with it, and couldn't, just like he thought he could control the dark side of the Force. That scene is a metaphor for his bigger downfall.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Bat in the Sun crew made this Batman short film, "Dying is Easy." It's a fan film, but with some legit actors. I thought it was fun, so I figured I'd share.

For those who aren't familiar with Bat in the Sun, they produced Super Power Beat Down, a series of YouTube videos pitting superheroes and villains against one another in one-on-one and two-on-two live-action fights, many of them involving members of the Bat family. For example, they had Batman vs. Darth Vader, Wolverine vs. Wonder Woman, and Deadpool vs. Deathstroke. The last one, Killmonger vs. Flashpoint Batman, was about a year ago.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I enjoyed that, thanks. Pretty good performance by the Joker.

5. outofplace

That was Aaron Schoenke, who also wrote and directed the short. He has played the Joker in some of their other stuff. He does a good job. I see they did a longer short film two years ago, Batman: City of Scars. I started it, but don't have time for the whole thing now.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Kevin Smith's Masters of the Universe Audience Rating Is Being Review-Bombed

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Free Guy looks amazing.

That is all.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Octave and garrow like this.
  10. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Jroyal, no disrespect as I am still immersed in way way too many things from my childhood,
    but I am not that far gone to give a damn or even to think meaningfully about He-Man.

I just thought it was funny because this guy just can't take a lick of criticism, and it is always entertaining to watch.

11. outofplace

I know they may tie this to MCU Spider-Man at some point, but they haven't done so yet, so let's leave it here. It also looks damn good.

12. outofplace

They aren't exactly holding back the spoilers from the ads for Free Guy. Then again, does anybody really care if that one gets spoiled?

Draft saved Draft deleted