1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Tatooine always seemed like a very transitory place. Smugglers and criminals pass through, while the slaves and natives live relatively hard, short lives. Considering Anakin up and left when he was 8 and his mother died not long after, it's questionable whether anyone even remembered him 30 years later. Tatooine society might have changed over two or three times by then. And it's not like Aunt Beru, Uncle Owen and Obi Wan were reminiscing about Anakin.

2. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Correct. Instead, we got a cringy adaption.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I took it the other way. It was the rare case when the movie was better than the book.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I had never read the book until I heard the series was coming, but I knew about one huge plot point. I found it online and binge-read the entire 144-issue run. As you might imagine, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

I watched the first episode this afternoon. There are some changes from the comic and the story moves a lot faster than the source material. I knew what was coming at the end of the first episode, but it was still great to see it come to animated life. The first three episodes dropped today and I'm guessing I will finish them before I go to bed.

JRoyal likes this.
  6. outofplace

For free (since I have HBO Max)....most definitely going to watch.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I’m bummed they recast Deadshot, but still looking forward to it.

8. outofplace

I don't think they recast Deadshot. Idris Elba is playing a different character, Bloodsport. I know absolutely nothing about him, or most of the characters in this one. Harley Quinn, Rick Flag, and Captain Boomerang seem to be the only returning members of the team.

9. outofplace

Oddly enough, they already dropped a different trailer. This one is not a red band trailer, but the tone is actually a little darker.

10. TheSportsPredictor

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

12. TheSportsPredictor

Draft saved Draft deleted