1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it, but I thought it was a bit long. I like this one better. Perhaps it is because I enjoy both franchises, but prefer Star Wars.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I got into Star Wars as I got older but grew up with TNG, DS9 and Voyager. As a result, Star Trek will always hold a special place for me. The first video was more nostalgic. I liked the second—it's impossible to knock John Williams—but the remixed Imperial March and Duel Fates felt a little much.

3. outofplace

To each his or her own. I got into Star Wars first. The original was the first movie I saw in a theater and I was hooked. I didn't really see anything from Star Trek that fully grasped my attention until The Wrath of Khan in 1982, so five years later.

Anyway, I once again found a Star Wars rabbit hole on YouTube. This is from a series of animated videos recreating parts of the movies. You can tell it is a fan creation because there is more action involving Boba Fett than they actually had in all of his movie appearances combined.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Have any of you watched Doom Patrol?

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The first handful of episodes. As weird as it gets for the superhero genre. And I'm not sure I follow the story -- they've been heroes for decades but all seem to never age.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

It’s worth it just for Cliff Steele.

And there are gaping plot holes, but I’m about to watch episode 15. It is beautifully filmed.

I also think Cyborg should at least be 6-3.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

It explains it. The show is odd as fuck, but still good.

8. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Did anyone watch Love, Death and Robots on Netflix? My husband enjoyed it. I quit watching because I thought it was, overall, pretty sexist. And lots of CGI boobs. Lots.

9. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

All the more reason to watch it.

10. outofplace

Among the many selling points for Disney+ is that the Fox movies based on Marvel characters would eventually be available there. Of course, I was thinking of movies such as X-Men or Logan.

So what showed up Friday? Fant4stic. Yes, the absolute disaster of a Fantastic Four movie from 2015. WTF!?

11. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I mean, it's at least a first step. I'm betting they make a big thing of it on social media when they decide to add the X-Men movies.

12. outofplace

There may be rights issues involved in some of that. HBO is showing some of those movies since it recently added Dark Phoenix.

On the plus side, they can start developing projects with the characters from the Netflix shows this year. It's too late for Daredevil to be in the next Spider-Man movie, which would have been a perfect spot, but I do hope we will see those incarnations of the characters in the MCU soon. Maybe send the Punisher after Spider-Man before he can clear his name?

JRoyal likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted