1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There's a Tom and Jerry movie in the works. Those made me laugh back in the day too.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Forget what I was thinking the other day. The star just quit the show? Batwoman now has a Batman (sort of), but they have to recast the lead role because Ruby Rose announced she won't be back.

3. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Wow, I missed that. Then I'm out. She was the best part, a tortured, reluctant hero. With oodles of charm.

4. outofplace

I hadn't watched the show, but I did see a bit of her performance in the Crisis crossover. I thought she did well in what little I saw. Rose suffered two herniated discs doing a stunt while filming the first season. She had to have emergency surgery because there was pressure on her spinal chord and a risk of severing it.

If I remember correctly, she also took some heat on social media when she was cast in the role, because the character is a lesbian and Rose is not.

5. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Yes. She left Twitter because of it. I checked it out after I saw that she had left, apparently they are actually going to recast batwoman. The show drivers are members of the LBGTQ community and I think they're committed to having another lesbian actress portray her.

6. outofplace

Way too much of the plot seems to be revealed in this trailer, but I'll still watch when it drops in July.

7. outofplace

'Batwoman' won't be recast after Ruby Rose quit CW show

I'm not so sure about that last bit. There will still be a character wearing the Batwoman suit on the show, but it won't be Kate Kane. They are replacing the character with a woman named Ryan Wilder. It seems as if she is a new character and not one from the comics. Maybe it will turn out to be an alias being used by a character from the comics. Kane was always written as part of the LGBTQ community in the comics, but they have no such history for Wilder. Maybe they will write Wilder that way as well. I'm guessing we will hear a very angry response from the LGBTQ community if Wilder is heterosexual.

I do get the thinking behind bringing in a new lead character rather than put another actress in the same role, but it doesn't sound like a recipe for success.

8. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Apparently Sonya Deville from WWE (real name Daria Berenato) is making a push to try to get the role. I doubt she does since there's no telling how well she can actually act, but she'd be great in fight sequences.

9. outofplace

The Flash Fires Hartley Sawyer for Racist, Misogynistic Tweets

I couldn't have named Hartley Sawyer until reading the article today, but he has been fired from CW's The Flash because he had written things that are racist and misogynist on Twitter. From what little I saw, he played a really shitty version of the Elongated Man.

10. outofplace

I had the combination of nerdy tendencies and boredom to listen to this entire thing.

11. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

That's pretty cool. Her violin is amazing. The Original is the best.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I think I need a cigarette.

Draft saved Draft deleted