1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Those toes belong to a terror dog. Gozer was more of a nimble little minx. :D

And, yes, you saw that right. The first suit he thumbs through is Spengler's. Given the kids' looks, one assumes they are his descendants.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Gozer was beautifully executed and oh, so 80s. I love this picture of the cast camping it up.
    [​IMG]

From the Ghostbusters Wiki:
    "The Terror Dogs are two horned, dog-like, demonic monsters with blazing red eyes and powerful dark-colored bodies. They are Zuul The Gatekeeper & Vinz Clortho The Keymaster, loyal minions of Gozer the Gozerian."

bigpern23 likes this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ryan Reynolds announced that Deadpool 3 is in development. I've said it many times. I think Marvel should reboot and recast every single character it is bringing back from fox except Deadpool. Part of that is because I like Reynolds so much in the role. I also want to hear Deadpool comment on being the only one to make it into the MCU.

The shame of it is I really would have loved to see him interact with an Iron Man played by Downey or a Captain America played by Evans.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I just finished reading the 1986 Wathchmen and Veidt's rant about what is happening to the world really holds up over time.

I think the missing piece is we will never have a nuclear war because too many wealthy people will die. Wealthy people do not die in regular wars.

Veidt did not need to go to the extremes he did.

5. outofplace

6. outofplace

Apparently, Disney may finally release the New Mutants movie that was shot in 2017. Maybe. Possibly.

I'm not a fan of horror movies, but it is a unique take on a comic book property and it fits the characters. Danielle Moonstar and Illyana Rasputin both have history with the supernatural, especially the latter, and Rahne Sinclair has the kind of tortured upbringing that lends itself to the story.

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I think it looks great. A couple of storylines from the first NM comic series had a definite horror feel. Glad it's going to get released. Not expecting it to be a huge moneymaker, but hoping it at least shows people want to see these characters. Cannonball has always been one of my favorites.

8. outofplace

I showed my daughter, who wants no part of it, but that is most likely because she doesn't like horror movies.

I tried explaining Magik and Dani to her and she asked me what was with all the demons in those stories. I like that they seem to hint at just how dangerous Illyana can be. If they had the opportunity to build on this story, I would have liked to see them explore how she is as much a threat as a hero. I doubt we will get to see that now unless the movie somehow becomes a big hit. I think it is more likely we either never see these characters in the MCU, or if we do, it is revised versions of them with new actors in the roles.

9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I think there's an outside shot we see them in the MCU with these actors just because a few are recognizable names. Would love to see them pick it up as a Disney+ series. They could use the Multiverse of Madness concept to collapse them into the main MCU. I have a feeling that movie is going to have serious repercussions for the makeup of the MCU overall.

10. outofplace

That would make sense, especially as a possible way to bring mutants into the MCU. I like what I've seen of the cast. It seems as if they can easily connect it to the MCU or leave it out. My understanding is they are cutting a post-credits scene that was going to tie into the X-Men movies, specifically Dark Phoenix.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted