1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

We have a "Black Widow" trailer:

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I can't say I'm a fan of Taskmaster's look, but otherwise it looks pretty good. I assume this is set at some point during Black Widow's time as an Avenger. It looks like they did the de-aging thing on William Hurt so he can return as a younger"Thunderbolt" Ross.

4. outofplace

The first trailer for Wonder Woman: 1984 is out with some kind of magical macguffin bringing back Steve Trevor. It isn't exactly a spoiler since Chris Pine's return for the sequel was announced a long time ago.

bigpern23 likes this.
  5. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

The ghostbusters afterlife trailer has dropped. It looks extremely promising.

Truth be told, I only watched the second and third installments of the franchise once each because I disliked both so much. I actually want to see this one.

bigpern23 and OscarMadison like this.
  6. outofplace

That actually does look pretty good.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

You never know with a trailer but that looks fucking great. Nice touch with the Bill Murray dialogue.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Unless the trailer's a big misdirection, it looks like they're stripping off the goofy comedy, but I'll probably give it a look. I'm guessing that kid is Egon's grandson, maybe.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. outofplace

That was my first thought because the grandfather has just died (RIP Harold Ramis), but making them grandkids of Peter or Ray opens up more options, such as flashbacks or a ghostly appearance by grandpa.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I was actually here to post about another geeky thing. We'll get to that in a minute.

Another Ghostbusters movie, only this one makes sense? YES! I loved the original movies. It was one of those rare franchises where the sequel was as good as, and in some parts better than the first one.

Geek moments:
    "Please be Egon's. Please be Egon's. Please be Egon's..." (Yes, I went back and stopped the scene where he found the jumpsuits in the closet to get a better look at whose they were. Spengler! YES!) @mpcincal, yep!
    "Ermmergerd! Those toes belong to Gozer!"

To be fair, I was excited about Paul Feig's reboot. It turned out it wasn't horrible, but it didn't come near being as good as the first one. His reaction to fan reactions to his decisions about Leslie Jones' character was disappointing. He just was not getting why so many of us wanted her to be a fully vested academic and one of the others take the role of a Good Will Hunting-type phenom.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Judging from the comments at Amazon, some people are in on the joke, others, not so much.
    Unfortunately, it does not talk.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I said to my buddy that I hope it's funnier than the trailer lets on. With Paul Rudd involved, I kind of assume it will be. But the trailer looks damn good, regardless.

Draft saved Draft deleted