1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm definitely going to watch it again, even the crappy final season. X-Men: Evolution was decent all along and got much better by the end. I really enjoyed how they ended it.

Wolverine and the X-Men just gets first priority for me because I thought it was the best of the three.

Regarding the '90s one, there is this.

The bit about Jean Grey's X-gasms cracks me up every time.

Batman and JRoyal like this.
  2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I don't know what brought this on, but my YouTube feed is suddenly inundated with videos replaying the Avengers: Endgame portals scene with the universe being expanded a bit:

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

4. outofplace

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Is this show something where we need to have watched Arrow or Flash or the other CW DC shows?

6. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Flash more than the others probably. I mostly just watch Flash and Supergirl, and I follow the storylines for the crossovers fine. There are usually a few things that are show-specific tossed in, but not so much that you'll be lost watching. And they're also pretty well set up so that if you have no familiarity at all with the shows, you can still follow the main crossover storyline. There will just be some character stories that you wouldn't get.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Remember the iconic image moment of the original COIE was that they killed off Supergirl. And she stayed dead for 20 years (although there were some imitation/impostor Supergirls in the interim).

8. outofplace

The rule of comic books used to be that nobody stays dead except for Bucky and Uncle Ben. Whoops.

[​IMG]

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You're going to need to have seen Flash and Arrow because they're laying the foundation petty hard for infinite Earths.

Not sure how Batwoman is going since my DVR crapped out on me on that show. Legends haven't started back so you're fine there.

bigpern23 likes this.
  10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

DC did a good job of keeping Jason Todd in the ground for a while, too. I think it was about 20 years before they brought him back. His death had some lasting consequences for Batman as well, which was nice to see.

11. outofplace

12. outofplace

This was very well done. Henry Thomas said this was a worthy sequel to E.T. without the "messy bits that could destroy the beauty of the original" and I agree.

bigpern23 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted