1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

bigpern23 likes this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I saw that. They played it straight, but it made me think of this.

I thought they weren't allowed to use the word "mutants" at all in the MCU until now. I could be wrong about that.

Batman likes this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

JimmyHoward33 and Neutral Corner like this.
  4. outofplace

Damn. I'm actually nearing the end of re-watching the series on Netflix. I just saw the episode in which Nog loses his leg. Oddly enough, I had no idea what he looked until I saw the post by his widow.

5. outofplace

Smallville stars reunite in first look at Arrowverse crossover

I almost want to watch this just to see Tom Welling as Superman and Erica Durance as Lois Lane one more time. I'm not sure why they think fans want to see Brandon Routh as Superman again, though. Even worse, they pissed off Michael Rosenbaum so he's not back as Lex Luthor!

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Saw Spider Man: Far From Home last night and, honestly, I'm not sure why it earned $1B at the box office. It was decent. The last 45 minutes were really well done and fun, but I didn't like the first 75 minutes much at all. Man, I hate super hero movies that spend the majority of the film not letting the super hero be super.

The black suit was ass, and the elementals just reminded me of Sandman in Spider Man 3 (not a good thing). Also, Stark casually made a global murder machine and then gave it to a 16-year-old kid without so much as an instruction booklet. Like, WTF?

The last 45 minutes saved it, but I was not thrilled for most of it.

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Ahhh....and no Allison Mack either. You know ... jail time and all.

8. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Because MCU fanatics will continue to throw money at studios.

9. outofplace

I actually didn't mind Stark giving him EDITH from a storytelling perspective because wasn't out of character for him to do something so reckless, but I do see your point with much of the post. It certainly wasn't among the best of the MCU movies.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I never read comics growing up, so I've never understood the appeal of the movies. I did see the one where Wolverine died and thought it was pretty good, but it did nothing to make me feel like I need to see another one.

Deadpool is a whole 'nother story.

11. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

It's not just comic book fans who are watching these movies. A movie won't make a billion dollars off comic book fans. These movies have crossed over into the mainstream. A lot of people find the appeal who have never read a comic in their lives. In a lot of ways, it boils down to a lot of them just being fun movies.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I can see that, but I find that movies that rely so much on green screen technology and computer generated images just leave me cold. I'd much rather watch movies where people actually interact with each other.

Draft saved Draft deleted