1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I meant to watch just the first episode today. I ended up watching the first three. I know a bit about the comic, so I had some idea what to expect, but I really like the execution so far.

2. outofplace

The Boys really is fucked up, in a good way. I binged the entire eight-episode first season this weekend. I thought it was well done with an ending that is suitably diabolical, to use what seems to be Billy Butcher's second-favorite word. I would mention the first, but the site doesn't like that one.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

6. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Gotta be a negotiating tactic. Remember this: Back when they were first trying to make a deal for Spider-Man to join the MCU, Sony walked away from negotiations. But a couple of months later, the deal was announced. Sony wants to have Disney come down off what they're asking for, so they leaked stuff. Get it out there that Disney was insisting 50-50 while they came back with multiple counter-offers, try to turn sentiment against Disney and Marvel and let them see how much people want them to keep Spidey in the MCU so they'll cave.

If that's what they're doing, I think it's going to backfire. Marvel knew negotiations were coming. They want Spidey to play a big role in the MCU, but I guarantee you they have plans for what to do if he's not in it anymore. And they now have the X-Men. Marvel will be just fine. Sony and Spider-Man? Probably not so much. I can't imagine Tom Holland will be happy and will stick around past his contract. And if he leaves and they have to reboot the franchise AGAIN, they might as well give up on it. Of course, they could always replace him with Miles Morales, who came off pretty good in Into the Spiderverse, but I don't think they want to go that route.

7. outofplace

Miles Morales would be the path to take if Holland bails. Hopefully, it won't come to that. Marvel finally has the opportunity to play with all of the toys in the toy box. It would be a terrible time to let Spider-Man get away.

8. Starman

They should go whole hog, do a "Timeless Spidey-Verse" movie featuring temporal warps that bring together a 45-ish Peter and MJ (Maguire and Dunst), early-30s Peter (Garfield) and Gwen, then late-teenie Spidey (Holland), battling an amazingly resurrected Doc Ock.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

10. Starman

I've read some rumors (at this point they're all rumors) that they're thinking of formatting the whole series in a "Godfather II" dual-timeline format with McGregor playing the later-middle-aged Obi-Wan in the "present day," presumably a few years prior to "A New Hope," and casting a younger actor(s) to play him in his young and teenage padawan days in flashback scenes.

Which of course would open up the slot for a young-adult Jedi Knight Qui-Gon to serve as Obi-Wan's master. Strangely enough Liam Neeson's son Michael Richardson, 24, is starting to pick up some notable feature roles (Vox Lux).

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  11. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Ugh. Why? Disney doesn't need more money.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

They own a bunch of stuff I want to watch or re-watch and are producing other things I’m interested in.

Draft saved Draft deleted