1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

BumbleBee is receiving pretty damn good reviews and I think is even 90%+ on RT. May have to catch it soon.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Season 2 of The Punisher will drop Jan. 18 on Netflix.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Wait...a hot chick in battle gear and a shirtless dude that's always wet sells on the big screen?

5. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

So...Spider Man is alive again? Infinity War wasn't the end of him? ;)

7. outofplace

I'm having issues seeing Tweets again, so my apologies if this is a DB. There are two trailers out today for Spider-Man: Far From Home. This YouTube video has both of them.

This looks good. I think they're setting up a twist with Mysterio that really shouldn't be a surprise to the audience at all.

I like the tweaked version of the old theme song from the '70s. It's not a new idea. They did it in small doses in Justice League. The rebooted Battlestar Galactica did it, too, mixing together the old theme and the new one. I'm sure there are other examples, though I can't think of any at the moment.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  8. outofplace

They have tried floating the idea that this and other stories may have happened before the snap, but really, did anybody actually think Spider-Man would stay gone?

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

11. outofplace

I had planned to take my time with Season 2 of The Punisher on Netflix, but I already finished it tonight. The 13-episode season dropped Friday. The series seems guaranteed to suffer the same premature cancellation as Daredevil, Luke Cage and Iron Fist. (Okay, maybe not Iron Fist. That shit deserved to end.) That is a shame. The Punisher got even better in its second season. Jon Bernthal is fantastic in the role. The fight scenes are brutal, bloody and beautiful and the story is unforgiving in the right places with a couple of nice twists at the end.

If only one pairing of actor character makes it from the Netflix shows to the MCU, I hope it is Bernthal's Frank Castle.

12. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I don't think we've seen the last of those series, or at least those characters. Apparently Marvel's deal with Netflix means they can't appear on any non-Netflix movie or show for two years after cancellation, but come December 2020, they could start hitting Disney+ if they wanted. I can't imagine they'll do a better casting for Punisher or Daredevil, so I hope they keep the current lineup of actors around if they're willing to stick with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted