1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

4. outofplace

Sure, it's a blatant cash grab, but I don't hate this idea. For those that haven't heard of this, a re-cut, PG-13 version Deadpool 2 is being released as Once Upon a Deadpool this month. There is also some new footage, including the framing device, which is Deadpool reading a fairy tale version of the movie to Fred Savage in what looks like his old bedroom from The Princess Bride.

5. outofplace

‘Daredevil’ Canceled at Netflix After Three Seasons

This sucks. It's not a surprise, but it sucks.

Neflix announced the cancellation of Daredevil, the third of its Marvel series to come to an end this year. They had already pulled the plug on Luke Cage and Iron Fist. The difference being that Daredevil has been far better than those other two. I'm just hopeful that some or all of the characters will pop up on Disney's streaming service.

This shouldn't be a surprise in part because the final episode of the third season of Daredevil works very well as a final episode of a series. It is a satisfying end, though I still had hope it would continue.

Marvel does have two series remaining on Netflix, Jessica Jones and Punisher. Filming already wrapped on Season 2 of Punisher. Jessica Jones's third season at least started shooting, so I'm guessing we will see that, too. It sure seems like both will be ending with their upcoming seasons, which are both expected in 2019.

I'm certainly disappointed to see these shows come to an end. Defenders was disappointing and Iron Fist was bad, but overall I enjoyed Marvel's presence on Netflix.

6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Second trailer for "Captain Marvel" dropped tonight ...

... AAAND, word is the "Avengers 4" trailer will be unveiled Wednesday morning on "GMA."

7. outofplace

What is with Fury going nuts over the cat?

I do like that she has one, which I assume is a reference to the comics. I couldn't read the tag, which had me wondering if it they went into enough detail to take her cat's name from the books.

I'm very excited to see the Avengers 4 trailer. It's about time we learned something, dammit!

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

9. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Here it is. Looks amazing.

Batman likes this.
  10. outofplace

Just enough to establish how low the heroes are after the snap, but not really give away much of the plot. I wish they hadn't spoiled the Ronin reveal, but I guess that was already a lost cause.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The "Avengers: Endgame" trailer ... with Deadpool.

Draft saved Draft deleted