1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Speaking of the Marvel Netflix series, Daredevil Season 3 is excellent. I meant to watch a few episodes this weekend. I am on Episode 13 right now.

Edit: And now I finished the season. I thought they did an excellent job weaving elements from the comics into a story that has taken some different turns.

They also did something that the second seasons of Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage failed to do. They stuck the landing.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    Spartan Squad likes this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It's in my queue to watch. Have a few other this to get through some other shows first

3. outofplace

That's why I'm keeping my comments general. The new season of Daredevil just dropped. I don't want to spoil it.

I will say it does nothing but add to the theory that Marvel is slowly pulling away from Netflix. I hope they will simply move Daredevil over to the new streaming service. It has been the best and most consistent of the series on Netflix, though you can certainly make an argument for the first season of Jessica Jones as the best single season so far.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. Spartan Squad

I'm trying to think what could I even put up as an argument to that statement. The first half of Luke Cage season 1 goes toe-to-toe with Jessica Jones, but everything post cotton mouth doesn't hold up.

5. outofplace

I could make an argument for the new season of Daredevil. The Punisher storyline in the second season is fantastic, but the rest of that season is uneven.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I don't have the link handy, but I saw something that social media mentions of Luke Cage and Iron Fist dropped precipitously ahead of the cancellation announcements. Perhaps they saw the writing on the wall that additional seasons were going to be a waste of money. I dunno.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Posted this on the movie thread, but haven't had a chance to discuss it here, that I saw "Solo" last night and really surprisingly enjoyed it.

Ehrenreich was predictably the worst part of the film (and as the title character that’s a big hole), but he was better than I expected. He nailed a few of Ford’s mannerisms, but his voice, look and charisma were way below par.

It was great to see Chewie in more of a lead role and Glover was the highlight as Lando (please give us a Lando movie, please, please, please!).

I think the film had terrible buzz going before its release because of change in director and major reshoots, along with the reports of Ehrenreich’s acting coach being on set for every scene to help him. But it turned out to be pretty OK. A solid 3.5 stars out of five.

8. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I haven't watched The Defenders yet. Does that tie into the new Daredevil season? And I agree. Daredevil has been great.

9. Spartan Squad

I haven't seen the new Daredevil but the way Defenders ended they need to address something to even kickoff Daredevil

10. outofplace

Defenders ends with Daredevil exactly in the place and circumstances where Season 3 of Daredevil begins. Matt Murdock's status at the beginning of the new season won't make much sense if you didn't see Defenders.

11. outofplace

Big Time Spoiler Alert. Don't click this video if you haven't watched Season 3 of Daredevil yet.

This Watch Mojo video illustrates some of the Easter Eggs in Daredevil Season 3. It really does spoil a lot, so keep that in mind.

12. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted