1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That was also terrible.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It is bad, but Elektra is clearly worse. That keeps Daredevil out of contention for the worst Marvel movie of the post-Blade era. (That distinction is growing on me.)

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Out of 48 movies starting with 'Blade,' I count 17 bad movies.
    That's 35 percent.

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

You nerds don’t want to buy our app for this new fangle Discovery bullshit? Lets see how you deal with this

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Thirty-two years ago today, a nation of 10-year-old boys took a step toward adulthood as they watched Optimus Prime die.
    "Transformers: The Movie" was released on Aug. 8, 1986.
    This scene, where Optimus kicks the shit out of the entire Decepticon army on his way to the final fight with Megatron, will always remain one of the best badass moments in movie history. Hearing those opening notes of "The Touch," followed by Optimus transforming and rolling out for the last -- and best -- time (yeah, I know he came back later) still gives me goosebumps.

ETA: Just found out that Fathom Events is doing one of their "one night only" theater showings of this in September. Sweet!

The Transformers (1986) Movie Event in Movie Theaters | Fathom Events

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Unlike the G.I. Joe movie of the same era, they had the balls to kill off a character that matters. Of course, they mostly did it so they could sell more toys.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The reason the G.I. Joe movie didn't kill a character that matters was because of the fan reaction to what they did in Transformers. Duke was supposed to die. When fans (and especially parents) got pissed that Optimus died -- I guess the 20 other Transformers that were killed didn't matter as much -- they hastily added the infamous, "Duke is gonna be OK!" line at the end of G.I. Joe.

For a kids' movie, Transformers was pretty damn dark.

Draft saved Draft deleted