1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

In the 1st Deadpool the final fight scene takes place on the shell of a Shield Helicarrier.

2. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

The pending merger just got a lot more pending with the AT&T-Time Warner deal getting approved. Comcast's all-cash proposal will be pretty tempting. I expect Disney to throw more cash into their bid, which is currently stock heavy. We could end up with an interesting bidding war, though.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yeah, they fudged that one, but it's a different deal when it comes to using the actual characters. At this time, Deadpool, the X-Men and the Fantastic Four are still separate from the MCU.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. outofplace

Full trailer for Glass, the sequel to both Unbreakable and Split.

7. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Definitely will see that. Shazam! trailer looks awesome. Aquaman, not so much. Hoping that changes.

8. Neutral Corner

Looked ok to me. Damn sure seen worse.

9. outofplace

This video has a bunch of trailers from Comic-Con strung together, including Shazam.

10. outofplace

I'm not that impressed. Black Manta's costume looks like they raided the reject pile from the Power Rangers.

11. Neutral Corner

That's cool. I've never been a huge comic book guy, so I have no clue about that. I was just looking at it with movie eyes.

I was big on Dave Sim's "Cerebus" back in the day, otherwise my comic quotient is very spotty.

12. outofplace

I'm not a big DC guy. I've seen all the MCU movies and the Netflix series, but Man of Steel is the only DCEU film I saw in the theaters. I was able to pick out Black Manta because I remember the character from watching Superfriends as a kid. I just think the costume looks awful.

Shazam looks a little silly, too, but sometimes the CGI parts of the movies look better in the theater. It looks like there is at least some CGI in his costume, which usually doesn't turn out well (see Green Lantern), but it does look like they are going for a lighter, humorous tone rather than purely playing it straight. I'm not sure how much DC does it in the comics, but I've seen it in some of the animated movies and series. There is certainly potential for humor in having a young kid with the ability to transform into a superhero capable of going toe-to-toe with Superman.

Draft saved Draft deleted