1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

If you'd like to feel old, consider that Star Trek: Deep Space Nine debuted 24 years ago today.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I always forget just how early DS9 got started because I didn't pick up with the series until I was in junior high in 96/97. TNG was one of the first shows that was appointment viewing for me as a kid and I just fell in love with DS9 and Voyager.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Redband Trailer No. 2 for Logan, this time with a lot more Laura, which is a very good thing.

4. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Looks like she's holding a head when she strolls out. Then there's a cut and she's dropping the handcuffs. Hopefully we get the head.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Had the same thought.

6. outofplace

I thought that was a head, too.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Has anyone here read the She-Hulk comics?
    I find her ‘eminently marriageable’, as critics once said of Austen’s characters.
    Even for a woman, it’s not easy being green.

8. outofplace

Did Fart just say he has a thing for a comic book character? Is this the geek thread or the creep admissions thread?

Kidding aside, She-Hulk comics have usually played the character as sexy and funny. Older versions also had the character break the fourth wall, even having "Shulkie" getting into arguments with the writers or editors of her comic. This goes back well before Deadpool was doing it.

The big difference from the Hulk, aside from gender, is that Jennifer Walters is usually more stable and she retains her intellect when she Hulks out, though apparently the latest version of the book has gone away from that. The new She-Hulk has been traumatized by two major events, being hospitalized and nearly killed by Thanos and the death of Bruce Banner, making her more unstable.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

She-Hulk is now just regular Hulk.

[​IMG]

10. outofplace

In case you missed it during the game, new Guardians of the Galaxy 2 trailer.

11. outofplace

12. outofplace

On a far more upbeat note, this is the latest trailer for the Marvel Netflix series Iron Fist, which drops next month.

Draft saved Draft deleted