1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

"I believe there's a hero in all of us."

I believe there's vomit in my mouth. I really don't like the Rami Spider-Man films. They're so cheesy.

I was bored by the Webb reboot so much that I didn't see the sequel.

I liked what little bit we got in Civil War, so I'll check out Spider-Man 6.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Keaton would have been better as J. Jonah Jameson.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The trailer is awesome and Spider-Man is my jam, so I'm definitely excited for this, but my one quibble already is Vulture's costume. Like Green Goblin in the original Raimi flick, I worry that giving him a motionless mask is going to make it look terrible. In the comics, Vulture - like Green Goblin - has a face (I know Goblin has a mask, but it essentially looks and moves like a green face).

So now, we're of course going to reach some point in the final battle where both Spider-Man and Vulture's costumes are destroyed just conveniently enough that their masks are ruined so the actors can emote. It happens so frequently in comic book movies it's, well, comical.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That was certainly an issue in the previous Spider-Man movies. We saw far too much of the character with his mask off.

5. Maybe that's why Keaton is the vulture. He doesn't emote. Not with his face anyway.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The hell you say ...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Starman

I always said that after Ledger died, and they recast Batman as an older, grizzled, war-weary figure, they should have cast Keaton as the Joker, playing an older, more sick and savage Beetlejuice.

What a way to bring it all full circle that would have been.

bigpern23 likes this.
  8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Any thoughts or ideas on how much origin story they'll be doing with this? Obviously it takes place after the events of Civil War, so I'm assuming there will be a flashback or two to explain how he got his powers.

I really hope they don't spend more than a few minutes on that. We know who he is. We know how he got his powers. We've seen two different actors go through those motions. Let's move on.

bigpern23 likes this.
  9. Starman

Yeah, they rehashed the origin scene with the Garfield version, which ended up being a waste of time.

Maybe just allude to the radioactive spider bite and take it from there.

TyWebb likes this.
  10. outofplace

I'm guessing they will have him explain it to Ganke/NotGanke and that will be it.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Did they cast Keaton as Vulture in reference to 'Birdman'?

12. outofplace

First trailer for Blade Runner 2049. What's next for Harrison Ford? The Frisco Kid 2 with a computer-generated Gene Wilder?

Draft saved Draft deleted