1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

This movie/spin-off/anthology was from what I remember in the works prior to Lucas selling LucasFilm. It looks decent. I'm more excited for the next episode.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The Mon Mothma quote is from Return of the Jedi "Many Bothans died to get us this information" not Episode IV.

There we're two death stars built (technically 3 but The Force Awakens doesn't call it a death star). Rogue One is the story of spies getting their hands on the plans as the Empire builds the first one, the plans that eventually end up with Leia before Vader captures her.

3. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Also - maybe down the road we'll get a movie or two set around Knights of the Old Republic.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

My understanding is they plan to put out some kind of SW film every year, so you'd think they'd get to one fairly soon.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

After Rogue One is Episode VIII, then I think believe the plan is for the Han Solo anthology film, followed by Episode IX and finally the Boba Fett film. If they're going to do a Knights of the Old Republic film, it won't be until at least 2021.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Did they officially announce a Boba Fett film? Or is that still a rumor?

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Oh Jeezus, Boba fetishists.

8. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Back a few years ago between jobs, I re-acquainted myself with my local library for free entertainment in the form of books. A friend recommended a Star Wars expanded universe book, and that got me going down a rabbit hole into those books. There are plenty of them, some good and some garbage. There was one book that dealth with the Death Star plans, called Shadow Games. It is hot garbage, and Rogue One will hopefully wipe that all away.

The idea is that the plans are stolen, but they need to get to Alderaan to Leia. The galaxy's biggest pop singer is secretly a rebel spy. The spy gets the plans from whoever stole them (I forget if it was addressed, but the actual heist was not a part of this book) to this pop singer. She hires extra body guards in the form of the Han Solo-lite character from Shadows of the Empire. Oh, and the pop singer/spy is being hunted by her ex, who is a lieutenant in the galactic mob. What-the-fuck-ever. Anyway, the body guards are in the dark up until the end, and they get the plans to Leiah, who is .... wait for it .... the pop singer's cousin (but not really since Leia was adopted). Sigh.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Character has 20 minutes of screen time in 14+ hours of Star Wars movies and he's one of the most popular figures in the series. This is why nerds are derided.

10. bigpern23

Your question made me look a little closer and it appears it's still just a rumor. I had seen last year that Josh Trank was slated to direct a Star Wars Anthology film (though Trank was later fired - or parted ways with Lucasfilm), and the story I read cited another article saying it was an untitled Boba Fett film. I just went back to find the original article and clicked the link, and the story is total garbage. It relies on anonymous sources that it didn't even bother to quote. No idea if it's true after all.

That said, they've already cast Alden Ehrenreich for the lead of 2018 Han Solo Anthology film, with the third film slated for 2020. So, if they do a Knights of the Old Republic film, it won't be until 2020 at the earliest.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I can't imagine why they would ever even consider letting Trank get his hands on a Star Wars movie. I know he claims it wasn't his fault, but his Fantastic Four movie was atrocious.

12. bigpern23

I didn't make it through the whole movie. That makes about four films in my entire life that I started and didn't bother to finish.

Draft saved Draft deleted