1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Republican Bashing Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stretch15, Oct 19, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Not with you here.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Naaaahhhhh.

Shooting fish in a barrel.

I can't.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

This is a political-asshole-bashing board.

The magic slippers surely are fitting many of the GOP darlings, at this point . . .

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

No need for us to bash the Republicans. They're all doing a fine job of bashing and blaming each other.

The rats are abandoning the sinking ship:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/20/us/politics/20conserve.html?hp&ex=1161403200&en=f75af82c63e1ce7e&ei=5094&partner=homepage

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

stretch --

There's 3,000 dead Americans and 655,000 dead Iraqis, all over a big fat bullshit lie. And many more to come. Believe it or not, there are people who are responsible for this. Wake up and smell the coffee, acknowledge the enormity of the times in which you live.

Journalists discussing current events -- nope, we won't be having none of that.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No thanks. I will let the New Republic and Washington Times bash the Republicans for me.

They're doing a pretty good job these days.

7. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

Whoa, whoa, whoa...

All I am suggesting is consolidating these many different political-based threads into one. Go back and check my original post. Never did I see stop talking about politics, never did I say end the bashing.

I am fully aware of the enormity of the times we're living in. So instead of telling me to wake up & smell the coffee, I suggest you read other people's posts more carefully before you start bashing.

8. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Maybe it would be easier to change the board name from "Anything goes" to "Politics".

see ya.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Ashy, you just reminded me of something.

Onthe "SportsJournalists.com Fallout Shelter Board", courtesy of Coffeeman, he had a separate board for Politics.

Maybe Webby/Moddy could throw all us cantankerous bastards into one place.

10. I never made it to the fallout shelter.
    I mutated by the side of the road.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Pandering to the ignorant.

Vote for us and we'll hold the line on abortion and gays, meanwhile we'll give our buddies huge tax breaks and no-bid contracts. Oh by the way, you get a $50 tax credit while my oil buddies get to save $5 mill per on the revocation of the estate tax and the deficit is out of control.

Yeah, we'll save those babies...but you damn sure are not going to get a nickel out of us to help you raise them or give them any medical care.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

If this is the official Republican bashing thread, then I thought I'd share this link where Rick Santorum compares the war in Iraq to Lord of the Rings, and says that we are the Hobbits going up Mount Doom distracting the Eye of Mordor, which I guess is bin Laden, and keeping him in Iraq. (WTF?)

If you think I'm fucking making this up, I swear to god I'm not.
    http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/111-10172006-728120.html

See, this is what happens when nerds grow up to win elections. They worry about people having sex with dogs, and they reference English fantasy literature when they talk about foreign policy.

Draft saved Draft deleted