1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Republican Bashing Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stretch15, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

We have a Books thread, a Music thread, a Hockey thread (two actually) and a Soccer thread which are very popular.

Moddies - how does a All-Purpose Republican Bashing Thread sound?

It would make a lot of sense to consolidate all of the political venom on this board into one solitary thread - a one-stop shopping place for everybody and their uncle to criticize everybody in and everything about the GOP, without cluttering up the board with so many different threads.

We can even set up an All-Purpose Democratic Bashing Thread so that everybody is fairly represented.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think it should just be a "All-Purpose Politician Bashing Thread."

3. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

I thought about that Inky, but why limit it to politicians when a lot of bashing deals with party principles and platforms?

4. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Excellent idea.....Stretch, would you consider changing the thread title to "Fenian's playpen"?

5. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

Great idea Ashy - if that's what it takes get rid of multiple political threads, then I'm all for it.

Fenian's Playpen, Pelosi's Playpen, Clinton's Clubhouse...we could go any number of ways!

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

How about "Friends of Fredo"?

7. Inky_Wretch

How about the "They're all power-hungry, money-grubbing whores more concerned with their personal agendas than helping their constituents or doing what's best for the nation and not a damn one of them is a true statesman" thread?

8. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

So you prefer one thread to bash both Dems and Repubs?

9. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

Nah - I think we'll keep that one for the Democratic thread... :)

10. Inky_Wretch

Find me one statesman from either party and I'll support him/her. Otherwise, every politician in both parties deserves scorn.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

same thing at this point

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Funny....I thought SportsJournalists.com was one big Republican-bashing board.

Draft saved Draft deleted