1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All purpose NBA thread 07/08

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Xan, Garnett isn't going to play center for them.

PG - Rajon Rondo
    SG - Ray Allen
    SF - Paul Pierce
    PF - Kevin Garnett
    C - Kendrick Perkins

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

That's two dead spots in the lineup right there. I think I can outshoot Rajon Rondo, and Kendrick Perkins? Any team with a decent big man is going to KILL the C's in the post and on the boards.

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

So you don't think Amare and his 1.3 BPG can defend in the post? Stoudamire's not a slouch in the post. They aren't going to play man anyway, they'll switch between the zones like they always do.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He'll play the post aplenty. That's where he likes it. Perkins? Please.

5. Songbird

I think Rondo will develop nicely. Might take another year or two, though. Derek Fisher could've filled that slot great. Bibby, too. Bibby needs to get out of Sacto.

6. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

The way I am looking at the Celtics is this. Rajon Rondo is going to be made better by the Big Three around him. Rondo will have ample opportunities to develop into a better shooter, he'll have a lot of looks. He's already a great defender and he will get his assists. Kendrick Perkins will have room to work with around the basket, but won't be anything special. If one of the big three is injured, then James Posey, Eddie House, or Scot Pollard are going to have to come off the bench. And whooboy, that's going to be fun to watch.

Edit: The Celtics have no other scorers besides the big three. So one of them is going to need to score 30 PPG in order for them to reach 90 on a constant basis. Posey isn't that great and House is well, I won't go there.

7. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Blocked shots or not, there's a reason D'Antoni put Thomas on Duncan in the Playoffs...because Stoudemire couldn't guard him. Duncan's scoring average with Stoudemire on him per 48 minutes was nearly 34, and against Thomas it was below 20.

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

They win 45 games or more, I'll send you a 6-pack of your favorite beer (or other beverage).

They win less than 30, you send me a 6-pack of mine.

31-44 is the dead zone.

Deal?

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I set it at 17, but they're gonna be awful.

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Amare isn't a true center, that's why. He's like a free safety in football, just in the paint to rove around and swat away shots or grab the boards. He's a decent defender when he's on an undersized center. But when Shaq or Duncan goes on him, they run all over him.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Mayfly, Rondo couldn't shoot at Kentucky, and he hasn't been able to shoot yet in the NBA. Guys don't suddenly develop a jump shot.

12. Songbird

Deal.

Draft saved Draft deleted