1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All purpose NBA thread 07/08

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Oct 25, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

And HB, if you don't want people to shit on the hockey thread, you shouldn't shit on threads for other sports.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

You guys are right. I'm sorry. I'll whack the offending post.

EDIT: Post has been deleted.

Only way Celts live up to the hype is if they win the Finals. And I'm not sure that they can.

3. fleishman

fleishman Active Member

That's usually my reasoning. I always feel it's difficult to go against the defending champ in pro sports unless that team has some drastic makeover that makes it apparent that it's not a good team (see Florida Marlins 1997).

If the Bulls can work out that Kobe deal that puts them number one at the East since they'll be adding a player to a group that has already experience some success. I thought it was an interesting going out on a limb pick with Sports Illustrated picking the Knicks for sixth. But then again sixth through ninth there could be a 36, 35, 34 and 33 win team.

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Well don't I just reek of immaculate FAILURE!

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It takes a big man to admit it, Tommy.

6. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Cavs will be a 5-8 seed in the East, and you know what? I'm glad they're holding firm on Varejao/Pavlovic.

If the Brazilian thinks someone's going to pay his offensively-challenged behind $10 mil a year, more power to him, and have a Happy I'm Playing in the Sao Paolo League Day.

No one, save for Otis Smith, is drastically overpaying for anyone anymore. Varejao better get used to it.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Who can trade for Kobe? The Lakers ain't going to get equal value. Unless Kupchak wants to take on expiring contracts and draft picks, the Lakers are screwed.

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Talk for a while was Kobe going to Chicago for Ben Gordon and Loul Deng. That's not a bad trade with the Lakers getting a lot of value back.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

There was never talk of Luol Deng being in any trade. He is untouchable. He was untouchable in the Garnett rumor, he was untouchable in the Gasol rumor and he's untouchable now. And I'm glad. The guy is 22 and damn near an all-star. He's also cheaper than any of the three players I just mentioned.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

I heard a Kobe to the Mavs rumor but there was no mention of who the Lakers would get

11. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Jason Terry, Josh Howard, and a pick the last time I heard.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

If everyone stays healthy, Celts make a serious run.

Spurs? As long as they have Pop and the gang, they'll continue this dynasty. That doesn't necessarily mean win it all, but another trip to the finals, unless they meet up with Phoenix there.

That said, my overall pick to win it all is Phoenix, finally.

Draft saved Draft deleted