1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

all-purpose NBA Draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Jun 19, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Tarheel fans actually wish he was still at Duke. That should tell you a ton.

2. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

McRoberts just does not want to be great. He has no inner fire to push himself. First 10 minutes of every game, he was awesome and you thought he turned that corner. By mid-second half, it was same old Josh going through the motions and hoping his buddies would bail him out.

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

That's why he's a late first-rounder at best. He's good for about 17-20 minutes a game and that's it.

4. XXXX

XXXX Member

I would never draft a guy who was CRYING BEFORE THE GAME ENDED on the bench! Please, give me a break. Terrible pro, bank on it.

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

In a way he reminds me of Van Horn. Very talented player, but will always be followed by his laidback attitude and knack for getting the least out of skills. I don't think he'll be a terrible pro, but average at best.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

So I take it you're not an Adam Morrison fan.

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Michael Jordan loves him!!!

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

In all seriousness, what are these pre-draft workouts going to show teams about Oden and Durant that they didn't already know? If anyone thinks the Blazers can learn something in an empty gym with only cameras watching that they didn't learn by watching the national championship game, they're delusional. What a farce.

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

It's the NBA's attempt to be like the NFL in my opinion. Like you said what's a team going to find out about Oden or Durant in an empty gym they don't already know. At least in football you have guys catching passes, running routes, making cuts and so on.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Maybe to see how he acts and body language when they ask/tell him to do someting.

I'm guessing that was a look at his character and not his basketball ability.

At least that is what I would be looking at.

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

That's my guess. What more you could learn about Oden or Durant's game by having them play in an empty gym. If these guys aren't the top two picks I'd be stunned....stunned I say.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

McRoberts = David Lee Roth.

Post 1984.

Draft saved Draft deleted