1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All purpose NBA Championship thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Re: Where will this Dallas Mavericks choke job rank?

Scroll back a few pages...look for the poll...

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Riles is back to being Gods gift to basketball.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I am god's gift to cheeseburgers. Riles is god's gift to Vavoom mousse.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Potato Boy... instead of fucking up the board just to show us that you can (Think Ken Kaiser at a baseball game in the 1980s), put the Best Player in The NBA thread back up.

Chrissakes!!!!

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Re: Where will this Dallas Mavericks choke job rank?

Congratulations on drinking the Shaq Kool-Aid. Tne rest of your post might well contain salient points (and it does), but the fact you buy into Shaq's act, coupled with the fact you act like a couple of good guys mean the team has no bad guys, sort of torpedoes the point.

Wade is a good guy. So's the owner. Yay. Riley is still a prick, Mourning is still an ingrate, Payton is still a malcontent, White Chocolate is still a POS, and Walker is still far from a team player.

A lack of police blotter appearances doesn't mean this is a collection of easy to root for choirboys.  

6. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Two thoughts, from a very non-NBA person.

1. Pat Riley's shirt during the interview with Screamin' is maybe the grossest thing I've ever seen on television.

2. Someone named Rachel made the first question to newly-minted NBA champion Alonzo Mourning, "What'd your doctor tell you about drinking champagne with the kidney?"

Really? I mean, c'mon.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And if they really were all goody-two-shoes choirboys, you'd crucify them for that, too.

As did the person who ripped Wade because he (horrors!) happened to mention God.

8. Norman Stansfield

Did you see Bruce Pearl's shirt when Tennessee beat Florida in hoops this past season?

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Uh, the last person who made a comment about Zo's kidney got attacked.
    Then, when the Nets didn't resign that person to a max deal (wise move, it turns out), whiny ass bitch Zo complained that they weren't interested in winning and quit on them til he was traded...to Toronto where he refused to go until the dumbass Raptors bought out his contract so he was free to sign with fellow scumbag Riley.

Yeah, Zo is a lovable old bastard.

10. Norman Stansfield

Did you see Bruce Pearl's shirt when Tennessee won at Florida in hoops this past season?

11. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Not everything about the NBA Finals got put in this "All Purpose" thread. I'm pissed, Idaho.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I'm still partial to his trade demand in Charlotte. Which was followed up by his refusal of the Hornets' trade for him ... because Charlotte was getting too much back for him.

Draft saved Draft deleted