1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Purpose NASCAR Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jay_christley, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

As long as the checks don't bounce.

If he gets kept on for next year, I think he'll do OK for himself.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

If only he hadn't gotten caught up in the clusterfuck that is Toyota's 2006 Cup effort.

3. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Absogoddamnfrigginlutely!

2 races within 8 weeks is a crock on a really boring track. You bring up a great point. It seems like all of the old-school tracks are giving way to the long-green boring ass bullshit tracks.

If you ain't rubbin, you ain't racin' bitches!!

4. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Gibbs today was asked about Kyle.

"Has it been announced?"

A report of Busch signing a 'letter of intent' (TV dude's phrase, not mine, could be legit, I dunno) to sign with JGR.

"Well, then let me say this: We like Kyle. That's all I'm gonna say."

Thanks for that confirmation, Coach!

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I like "Has it been announced?"

Muahahahaha.

And the "letter of intent" came from the thatsracin.com story by Utter. It's non-binding, however.

6. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Totally sucks. Marty Gaunt's a good guy. A little reserved on camera, but a good guy who busted his ass to make sure that TRB had a full complement of COTs as well as this year's cars. Like 30-something in all that had to be built from almost scratch simultaneously while building out a shop, working with a skeleton crew till November because he couldn't hire complete staff till after Homestead last year, as they were all locked up with other teams.

And he did all that in less than a year's time. Fuck Red Bull.

Here's to hoping that Marty "fails upward." He deserves it for putting up with all that shit. It's a fucking miracle he was even able to get cars to the track, much less qualify. I imagine NASCAR will help Toyota miraculously "find" all that missing horsepower sometime between Homestead and Daytona.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Pocono has had at least one date since 1974 and two dates for 25 years. It's not a Johnny-come-lately track.

And there's nothing wrong with long green-flag runs. In fact, I'd rather have those than NASCAR-created debris cautions. The ends of some races remind me of college basketball games, where the final three minutes take 30.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Long green-flag runs at some tracks are fine.

The only good thing about long green-flag runs at Pocono is that it means they're going faster than if they were under caution. That ends the monstrosity sooner.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I could see Pocono doing just fine at 400 miles. But I'd rather watch 500 miles there than 500 miles at the snoozefest in Fontana.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'd rather watch 500 miles of naked Jimmy Spencer doing cartwheels than Pocono.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The Berwick Brotherhood will be on your ass stat for making that comment.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This is the most disgusting post in the history of SportsJournalists.com.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.