1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Purpose NASCAR Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jay_christley, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speedway

Speedway Member

Just over 20 laps to go. Kurt Busch leading.

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I know that they've probably spent oodles of dollars on it, but am I the only one that thinks this new color-the-air graphic is damn near useless?

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I'm with you. It's kind of like the glowpuck in the NHL. Anyone that knows racing can figure out what they're saying with the graphic.

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Wow! I never saw that coming. Another boring ass Pocono race.

5. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Jamie McMurray didn't think it was boring.

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Yeah what the hell was his deal today? He was all over that place.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And then he got caught in somebody else's wreck.

"He (Kurt Busch) led every lap, except for the ones he did not." --- Kenny Wallace, NASCAR Victory Lane on Speed TV, about 60 seconds ago.

Thanks, Herman. That just about covers it. :D

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

And it's designed by the same folks.

Two worthless inventions that take the true fans' eyes off the action and center it on an artificial target. Half the time there's more action away from the puck, anyway, and Fox's use of the illuminating puck ruined telecasts.

9. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I fell asleep. I did my best to watch the whole race, but it was about as exciting as eating candle wax. I'll just assume that Kurt led all but three laps even though I'm pretty sure something happened to him at about the midway point of the race, which was about the time that my eyelids grew heavy.

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I think that was just a cycle of green-flag stops. I didn't fall asleep, but I found something else to watch eventually.

11. skippy05

skippy05 Member

I literally watched about five minutes of it on my laptop and then took my kids to the mall to buy school shoes and have an early dinner with them. I see the value in NASCAR going to that track, but it should only be once a year and the race should only be 400 miles. 1000 miles at Pocono per season is too damned much. Give Darlington its second date back...or give the Rock another chance...

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Those two dates are being saved for a New York City area track, it should be obvious at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.