1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose NASCAR thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Aug 9, 2007.

1. lono

lono Active Member

And the PR people at Hendrick are already sending their condolences.

2. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

I've seen the good Harvick and bad Harvick too. there was a time back there, when he was getting suspended and missing races that he wouldn't talk to me or anyone for that matter.
    Then there was the time he did a phone interview with me while DeLana was getting her hair done in a salon in North Carolina. He's got his good days and bad, just like everyone. But he can be as gracious as anyone when he wants to be.

3. Mira

Mira Member

Boy, I agree with y'all that Harvick can be Jeckyl and Hyde. He found time to call me for a Busch Series story I did last year, and was insightful

But many years back ... after he had a competitive car and Biffle took him out of a Busch race ... he swore and wouldn't give any quote to a large group of reporters.

4. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Tattoo parlors will be busy now. Junior getting new number.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=2&id=2976267

5. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Who cares.
    [bitter former Dale Jr. fan]

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Dammit, Junior needs to drive the 5 rather than the 81.

If only to drive Geoffrey Bodine crazy. :D

7. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

If that happens, please send a reporter out to Mooresville, N.C. because there's gonna be a man rolling over and you might wanna get a picture of that.
    ;)

8. 2muchcoffeeman

Mr. Earnhardt, Sr., is probably laughing his heavenly ass off somewhere at the thought of his son at the helm of Bodine's old team. :D

9. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

But 3's laughter is probably somewhat tempered with the fact that he's gonna be a teammate of Jeffie's.

10. Hustle

Hustle Guest

3's fans, maybe...

OK, 3's fans, definitely.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

Uhh, not exactly.

Jeff and Senior were friends and business partners away from the track with a high level of mutual respect.

12. lono

lono Active Member

We cut our newshole and no longer have room for a picture. But we'll try to mention it in briefs [/bitter sports editor]

Draft saved Draft deleted