1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose NASCAR thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Have at it.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You told a fib... you said you would lock it up at 67 pages... 100 drivers points fine for you pally...

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

72, but yeah.

4. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Fines and docking points don't mean crap till the Chase starts.
    Just ask Smoke and Knaus.

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I dunno. Little E might want those 25 back if he fails to make the chase.

6. lono

lono Active Member

Wow, a new NASCAR thread. And it still has that morning fresh feeling. :eek:

Can't wait to see what kind of shenanigans Robby and Marcos might get into this weekend.

7. KG

KG Active Member

Can you imagine getting docked 100 points after it starts? I never really thought about it with the new system until now, but it certainly would suck.

Something else I happened to think of...After the Chase begins, when a Chase driver wins a race, does he get an additional 10 bonus points? I'm pretty sure the 10-pt bonus is just for the first 26, but having it in the Chase would make it slightly more competitive among the Chase drivers and give them more of a reason to fight for a win vs being more concerned about just finishing well and in once piece.

I hope I'm making sense here. My late night loopiness is setting in earlier than usual tonight.

8. lono

lono Active Member

KG:

The 10-point bonus is only for NASCAR's regular season.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've seen reports that NASCAR's ratings have fallen across the board about four percent. Not a big deal, but with the decision today to cancel qualifying and just use owner points for the starting grid (in addition to saving the top 35 spots each race), doesn't make for great TV. I've seen the top 10 race enough. But the way the organization seems to find new ways to reward bigger teams and make it that much harder for smaller operations seems to sap the sport of a lot of its drama. I know how people on this board feel about seeing the Yankees play the Red Sox all of the time. If you see it enough times, it isn't so exciting anymore.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This weekend's race is the Centurion Boats at the Glen.

[​IMG]

Here, Mr. Edwards shows off his new ski boat of tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to the Lava Soap 400. Honestly though, they could at least draw lots for the top 10 spots in case of a rainout and guarantee the top 30 spots in the race. If anything, seeing the best cars move through the field is more exciting than watching them just pull away from the rest of the field.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

But ... but ... but NASCAR's the fastest growing spectator sport in America. Before long it will generate greater ad fees than the NFL. Just you wait and see!

::) ::) ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted