1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose Madden '08 thread ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Aug 14, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Does this new version still feature that Superstar mode, where you create a player and live his life?

2. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I don't think you live the life anymore, just play the game from that player's perspective. There's a lot of sitting around & watching. I think you can only use the Superstar mode on imported Campus Legends from NCAA or current NFL rookies. (hopefully someone who has the game can correct me if I'm wrong)

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I ask because Madden 06 had the Superstar mode, where you'd create a player based on your parents and their genetics. Kind of a fun feature because you could do the interviews, etc., then see where you got drafted. But I never liked not being able to customize both your parents' skills and genes along with your potential looks and position. It was far too random.

4. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

In last year's Superstar mode, you still did interviews, hired & fired agents and I believe you could see choose your parent's backgrounds. I'm not sure about '08.

I did find out that you can create a player to use in Superstar mode in '08.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Bought it on a whim today after I got out of work early yesterday. I like the load times (much faster than those on 06, it seems) and the commentary seems a bit more updated. Certainly some of Madden's analysis of running plays are fleshed out a bit more, although I've only played two full preseason games.

I also like the role weapon feature, where a specific type of player (possession receiver, franchise QBs, road-blocking defender, etc.) gets a boost.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Different perspective, but this is a game with Mattel Football at its core:

http://www.gamerival.com/play_run-n-gun.html

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I have two questions.

1) Is Chad Pennington's arm stronger in the video game or in real life?

2) Does Eli Manning have the patented glazed over look in the game?

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

That, I don't know. But I do know that if you try to create a player with the name Ron Mexico, it prevents you from jacking up your skill numbers. :D

9. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

That's one of the things I didn't like with M07: that you couldn't mess around with a custom player's skill sets like you could in all the other versions. It made things pretty dull.

The biggest complaint I had from last year's game was the lack of a fantasy team draft. That was the most fun, seeing what it would be like to have McNabb throwing to Burress or have Dwight Freeney and Shawne Merriman as your defensive ends. The franchise mode up until '07 was pretty fun, but last year soured me. Anyone know if things are back to normal?

10. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Yes, 08 has a fantasy draft, at least the 360 version does.

11. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Good, then I can buy it now.

Draft saved Draft deleted