1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose Madden '08 thread ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Aug 14, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

You mean the namesake isn't on the game?

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

He wasn't in last year's versions for PS3 or X-Box, either.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Well shit, I think it's about time for me to upgrade. I grew tired of Madden calling the games a long time ago.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I played the game at a toy store today. I don't really see much of a difference. I guess the coolest thing is that the players aren't locked into animations so much as their "real moves."

The thing that annoyed me the most is the size of the graphics. Not easy to read. I damn near had to fetch my geek glasses out of the car.

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Could be a good excuse to get a bigger TV ;)

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Hank, that was one damn fine game for its time.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

It still is.

You can pick up Football II (the one where you can pass and run) at Target for about $10.

9. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Well, after playing my second game on the new Madden, I can say that JaMarcus Russell kinda blows. I was the Cardinals, playing the Raiders, and the rook finished 4 of 20, 48 yards, 6 INTs and sacked 6 times. Thought for sure he'd get the hook at some point, but he stayed in there.

10. patchs

patchs Active Member

I still have I and II and they're as much fun now as they were in 1978.
    I feel a little sorry for anyone who shells out $50-60 every year for what is basically the same game.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

For anyone who's bought this game, I'll ask the practical question.

Is there anything about this game that would warrant me (or anyone else) upgrading from Madden 06?

12. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Yeah, I'd upgrade. The graphics are amazing and the gameplay is very smooth. The audio is disappointing, as I mentioned earlier, but overall it's very impressive.

I usually buy games every two years myself, though I hadn't owned Madden since '05 for regular Xbox, so jumping up to '08 for 360 made it seem like I was playing Mattel football (which I love and proudly own, btw).

Draft saved Draft deleted