1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose hockey thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Nov 2, 2005.

?

How do you like the new NHL, compared to what the sport used to be?

1. I love it!

39 vote(s)
    38.6%
  2. I hate it!

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. I could not care less!

11 vote(s)
    10.9%
  4. They're playing hockey? When did this happen?

10 vote(s)
    9.9%
  5. I don't like hockey, but I love the fights.

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  6. Is Wayne Gretzky still playing?

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  7. Is Sidney Crosby a girl?

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  8. I like what I've seen so far but I'm not sure if I love it yet

29 vote(s)
    28.7%
  1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Carolina back on track. On a night dedicated to him, Brind'Amour's line scores three goals in a 4-2 win over Anaheim. Good stuff.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

It was a solid victory even if it was against Anaheim playing a rookie goalie. Actually, Wall made some outstanding saves.

3. Sam Mills 51

ondeadline, I'll take the win with Wall in goal or you or me, for that matter. The Ducks are swimming along pretty strong this season. I'm not sure Giguere could have stopped a couple of those goals.

On the other end, if only Cam could erase Teemu Selanne ... good grief, one of those was a freaking bomb.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I thought it was hilarious that Pronger's late high-sticking penalty virtually sealed the Ducks' fate (at least this high sticking won't get him in trouble with his wife.)

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Leafs lose 4-1 to Baby Jesus's team.

The refereeing was brutal, to put it mildly.

6. Sam Mills 51

I did too ... what a sorry prick. Same guy, when hooked for a moment, overreacted when Staal did it to him earlier in the period decided to later retaliate with a stick severe enough to cut Eric's lip.

No surprise that Pronger did that. For all his talent, I've heard he's not a great teammate and a pretty crummy guy in general.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

That was the sorriest final minute out of the Flames I've seen in a while. Must have figured they had it in the bag.

Draft saved Draft deleted