1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread III

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beefncheddar, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

JR, this is strange but Cole Harbour is considered part of Dartmouth, even though it is a part of the Halifax Regional Munincipality. People can refer to it as Cole Harbour or Dartmouth.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

That's ridiculous. Cole Harbour is its own community.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Sounds like Mimico or Rexdale or Weston or Willowdale, etc., in relation to Toronto.

4. Kritter47

Kritter47 Member

Brian Leetch had a peer playing with him on that 93-94 Cup team. Imagine what would have happened if Zubov had stayed with him on the Rangers instead of being traded to Pittsburgh in a steal for the Pens, then to Dallas in highway robbery for the Stars.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

I had to check on it because I thought maybe things had changed. But relatives and friends confirmed my suspicions.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's like Mike Weir. Born in Bright's Grove, Ontario which is really a suburb of Sarnia--if Sarnia were big enough to have suburbs.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I'm a dumbass

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Do we have our sports mixed up? :)

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Oops.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

I was going to say Point Edward is a Sarnia 'burb but that's really more of a community that just got swallowed up, kinda like Dixie in relation to the rest of Mississauga.

Draft saved Draft deleted