1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread III

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beefncheddar, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

And it is not reopening in St. Paul, it is staying right where it's always been, in Eveleth, Minn. in Northern Minnesota's Iron Range.
    Memorial Day weekend is the grand re-opening. I've been there, it's pretty cool.

2. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Right where it should be. 8)

3. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Isn't Canada hosting two world major junior hockey championships is a row and possibly a third a couple of years down the road from that? Rumor here is that Halifax is going to go for another chance to host it because of the success of hosting the last time.

4. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

Yep, Canada is hosting in 2009 (Ottawa), 2010, and 2012. I wouldn't be shocked at all if Edmonton got one of those other ones, and maybe Quebec as well.

5. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2007/05/24/brian-leetch-retirement.html

Brian Leetch was one of the best defenceman that graced the NHL and played a pivotal role in the Rangers Cup win in 1994.

6. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

As a Ranger fan for the past 40 years who's seen them from Brad Park to Barry Beck and onward, Brian Leetch was without peer.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Barry Beck's name should NEVER be in the same sentence as Brian Leetch. Unfortunately, I just disobeyed my own advice.

8. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Scroll down to the Just 13 video clip on the right.

http://www.wdfn.com/pages/mikestone.html?page=6

9. Claws for Concern

NSFW! (Not the Just 13 video clip, but the ad when you first click on the link)

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The clip has been out there for a while now, but yeah, still pretty impressive.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

How about the Canucks ponying up big for Ryan Kesler. 3 years and $5.2 million, for a guy who has scored a grand total of 18 goals and 26 assists in 158 games.

12. Claws for Concern

Luc Robitaille has a new gig after playing for the Kings on three different occasions ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=Ank1QGeI0PeJJSAaBs06LuMoc8UF?slug=cp-nhl_kings_robitaille&prov=cp&type=lgns

Draft saved Draft deleted