1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Except I don't live in the Niagara Peninsula. I live in the Centre of the Universe. :)

BTW, sad,sad days up your way with the funerals of those young men. Heartwrenching.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

A good buddy of mine in high school was a Polish Catholic from Oakville, Ontario...huge Sabres fan.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Does Hamilton count as the Niagara Peninsula? It's sort of right there in the grey area.

And you're right. Meaford and Thornbury will be a long time getting over this.

4. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

I believe Ty Conklin is in the AHL at the moment. ;D

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Double J
    I've always considered Hamilton to be the boundary.

I guess those two towns have been pretty much shut down the last few days.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Because what happened in last year's playoffs has nothing to do with this year's all-star choices.

Miller, Brodeur & Huet are the best goalies in the East. I don't even think that's debatable.

And Edmonton got deep into the playoffs last year despite their goaltending.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Roloson wins the Conn Smythe if he doesn't get injured in Game 1, and the Oilers may have also won the cup to boot. Goaltending was not their problem. It was a series that couldhave gone either way, it just went the wrong way in Game 7. Hell of a series though.

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The sweaters themselves are not bad, considering what could have happened to them. All-Star jerseys are almost always hideous because of their colour scheme.
    Was looking at them in the store yesterday. My one big concern is their size. While they didn't go to Nike levels in stream lining them, they are still a smaller cut. They should have been making XXXL jerseys before the redesign, now it's almost imperative. However, chances are they are just going to stick to making XXL jerseys that will likely barely fit those who regularly wear XL sized shirts.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

So what are all the overweight hockey fans in North America gonna do? Buy an XXXXXXL?

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Speaking as one (hell even if I was in shape the jersey wouldn't fit me, shoulders to broad, arms to long, etc.) But with this cut they should be making XXXXL's available to them, not just for fans, but rec teams also buy these jerseys and there's little chance of them fitting over the equipment of anyone more than 5'10" and 165 pounds.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I wonder what size Chara wears?

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted