1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Fantasy Baseball Thread, 2007 version ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Oops. I'm not as high as most on Lackey, I'm not sure, I might go Sheets or Street.

2. Msaint

Msaint Member

sheets' injury potential scares me off, but he's got halladay-like potential numbers-wise, so if you're a risk taker, go for it. his K-BB ratio is insane, about 10-1, though he's never topped 12 wins. he easily does that this year. other guys who are going a bit later but could be absolute steals: jered weaver (ridiculous 2.56 ERA last year, K-BB ratio almost 4-1; has to cut down on HR's, and will); kazmir (almost 10K per game); matt cain, who some are overlooking thanks to zito's arrival (which is saying a lot 'cause zito's a legit cy young candidate); and -- yes -- pettitte (monster run support).

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I just don't see the gap between Lackey and Sheets as being wide enough to justify taking the risk on Sheets staying healthy, which just hasn't happened.

4. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I'd definitely would go after Lackey, but what about Peavy vs. Sheets? Peavy's had an awful spring so far, but he has to rebound from last year, which aside from the losses and ERA, was pretty damn good. In a perfect world and neither guy gets hurt, who's the better pick?

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Peavy. Both guys are injury risks, but Peavy is better when healthy. He wasn't healthy most of last year and it showed in his performance. He did pitch well the last month or so, which was encouraging.

Don't worry too much about a couple of bad outings in the spring. Supposedly, Peavy is going through a dead-arm phase right now, which is not unusual and definitely best gotten out of the way in March.

Draft saved Draft deleted